The Impact of our Monthly Donors

Our incredible monthly members allow our teams to monitor and evaluate past projects to ensure they are still working. But, don’t take our word for it! Below, hear from our partner, Cornelius, in Kenya, about how monthly gifts impact ongoing work for clean, reliable water.

For just $20 a month, you can join our team of monthly supporters and help Cornelius and his team check on more water projects! Your ongoing support means the good we provide on day one of a project continues for years and years. Join us today.

Because of our Monthly Donors

256f8f18-41c5-40bb-94b2-30576d4c1460

Kankalay Primary School in Sierra Leone has too many reminders of Ebola. The Water Project completed a water and sanitation project here in 2011, and the photo you see above is of the toilets installed for the school. When Ebola was at it’s worse, this whole area became a treatment center.

If you look closely you’ll see where medical equipment and linens infected with Ebola were burned against the building. Students are still using these facilities, and the accompanying water well is providing safe water – thanks to your support! (more…)

Diesel’s Piggy Bank

Chris and Amber Larkins, from Tennessee, share their story about how they became involved in The Water Project and the inspiration they found in their 3 year old son, Diesel. 

DieselThis story was told to us by Chris.

———

6 months ago, the Holy Spirit starting putting it on my heart to look into people who were hungry and poor. As I began researching, I found the water crisis was at the root of so many problems: hunger, poverty, education. It all came back to clean water (more…)

Theatre for the World

This post comes to us from Brian Schultz, creator of Theatre for the World.

theatre for the world

There are many people who have inspired me over the years, but if you are looking for someone famous who led me on the path to give back it is the late, great Harry Chapin.  I loved his music, and still do, but even more so, I loved his passion to use his gift to make this world a better place. There is no reason, that in a world of abundance, we should have people starving or dying from hunger or thirst.  Clean water is accessible for the people of Africa, we just need to lend a hand.

(more…)