A Year Later: Jinjini Friends Primary School Students Gain Study Time!

December, 2021

A year ago, your generous donation helped Jinjini Friends Primary School in Kenya access clean water – creating a life-changing moment for Elvis. Thank you!

A Year Later: Jinjini Friends Primary School Students Gain Study Time!

Elvis, 13, said, "Long ago before we were blessed with the water tank, going out to get water from the village was a burden to me because carrying a ten-liter container for a long distance was very exhausting and tiresome for me. I now feel very good and happy to freely fetch water from the tank within a very short time and with ease. Getting water here has helped me to stay away from being sick and at the same time not [I am] missing classes because I drink safe water."

We asked Elvis how the water tank has helped him achieve new things over the past year. He said: "As for me, I now have enough time for studies which was mostly lost going to get water far from school. Having this water tank at school has really made me feel like am now at school, a place where [I] am supposed to be learning and dedicating much of my time to studying in order for me to score higher marks and [to] better my future life."

See The Water Project in Elvis's Community »

When you invest in The Water Project, you're investing in people like Elvis. Your gifts help us reach more communities with the gift of clean, safe water. And every drop helps unlock potential.

Read More Stories From the Field »