Water Matters

The latest on our work and those supporting it

Are Water User Associations working?

Tuesday, March 29th, 2011by

I recently had a meeting with a local NGO here in Coast Province called Community Link International. They are a small and embryonic team, primarily made up of Margaret and Musyoka, with a couple of part time field staff. They’ve been registered as an NGO for about a year, but can collectively draw upon a […]

Just because I’m 8 years old doesn’t mean I can’t do this

Tuesday, March 22nd, 2011by Peter

Winn Murray is an 8 year old boy in Macon, Georgia who is changing lives … not only in Africa where his fund raising efforts will bring clean water, but right in his home town.  In fact, Winn’s simple but bold act of caring has inspired  7 more schools in Macon to get involved.  In […]

World Water Day – a time for reflection

Tuesday, March 22nd, 2011by

Today is World Water Day (http://www.worldwaterday.org/), the annual global day of events that grew out of the United Nations Conference on Environment and Development (UNCED) in Rio de Janeiro in 1992. The focus changes every year, with the theme this year  titled ‘Water for Cities’. The last 20 years has seen a massive shift […]

What is this ‘sustainability’ thing, anyway?

Tuesday, March 15th, 2011by

Ever wondered what sustainability means? People use it a lot in our line of work, usually when thinking about the IMPACT development work has. I thought I’d try and go for a definition today as I sit here thinking about how to get more of it! Interested? Have a read of this and tell […]

Amazing effort. Incredible results. Count us inspired!

Thursday, March 10th, 2011by Peter

What do water wells in Sierra Leone, senior projects, spaghetti dinners, an auction,  a day spa  and an inspirational fundraising effort have in common?  Olivia Coury! Olivia is a senior at Daniel High School and has been working on her Senior Project since early in the fall of 2010.  Olivia’s passion for Africa and knowledge […]

Northern Kenya – The Road to Turkhana

Tuesday, March 1st, 2011by

Since I last posted, I’ve been over to Western Kenya to visit our partner Bridge Water Project. It’s been great to visit old friends, and to get involved in the day to day activities of a local development organisation. I’ll try and post a longer piece on some of the things we got up to […]