Water Matters

The latest on our work and those supporting it

Theatre for the World

Tuesday, September 29th, 2015by Lisa McAllister

This post comes to us from Brian Schultz, creator of Theatre for the World.   There are many people who have inspired me over the years, but if you are looking for someone famous who led me on the path to give back it is the late, great Harry Chapin.  I loved his music, and […]

Meet Abigail: Clean Water Equals Hope

Monday, September 21st, 2015by Lisa McAllister

Meet Abigail. A young girl from Kenya, now 18 years old, who had lost hope of pursuing her dreams until she had access to clean water. Abigail was only 16 years old when she joined Igunga Girl’s Secondary School. She had come from a school in the neighboring county which did not have any source […]

You Make This Possible!

Friday, September 11th, 2015by Lisa McAllister

Safe water empowers the Girl Child. You make it possible. Ask any girl what she would rather be doing than walking for water and she’ll share her dreams for school, a career and her contribution (beyond gathering water) to her community. Lack of access to safe water and sanitation is the primary reason girls drop […]

Fox Valley Church Walk for Water

Thursday, September 3rd, 2015by Lisa McAllister

Fox Valley Church of Christ in Wisconsin has been fundraising for The Water Project for years and has helped fund 3 water projects! They host a Walk for Water which is always a huge success! “We fundraise because we believe that all life is precious. No one can have life without water.We fund raise because […]