Water Matters

The latest on our work and those supporting it

Two school boys in a shop window?

Wednesday, February 25th, 2009by Peter

Two boys spent an afternoon in a store window to help give clean water…what a great idea!

Elweselo Construction Begins

Friday, February 20th, 2009by Peter

We got word late last night that construction is about to begin or has begun on the Elweselo Medical Clinic well. We’ll continue to receive updates and post them here.  Now that the team has both drill rigs repaired and back in service, we expect drilling work to pick up in pace. Now is a […]

Lumpkin Middle School Takes the Challenge

Wednesday, February 18th, 2009by Peter

“The seventh graders of Sabrina Gooch’s second period social studies class said goodbye to soda last month as they decided to save their quarters for a worthier cause.” Read the whole article here

Morse High School Tells the Story

Wednesday, February 18th, 2009by Peter

Here are two pictures of Hands Helping Humanity in November. These two pictures are of some of us just getting tables/booths ready at Morse High School. I wish I had more pictures to give you, but so far this is all I have. We made posters and banners with water facts and posted it up […]

Well Digging Complete at Eburenga

Tuesday, February 17th, 2009by Peter

The drilling is complete at the school. The pump will be attached is just a few days. Then….clean water!

Thanks Jess

We asked some folks taking “The Water Challenge” to share with us what they are doing to raise money to help provide clean water in Africa or India.

Blogging for water – Can you help too?

See what one blogger is saying about our responsibility to act on clean water issues.

Wells for India Program Launch

Wednesday, February 11th, 2009by Peter

Read about the launch of our new India water well partnership.

More facts about bottled water

Tuesday, February 10th, 2009by Peter

Check on the two new articles about bottled water in our Learn section. Is it worth it? Is filtering at home just as good…even better?

Project Featured at American Museum of Natural History

Tuesday, February 10th, 2009by Peter

Our Nginni sand dam project is featured in an exhibition at the American Museum of Natural.