Join These Folks and Start Your Own Fundraiser

California Drought Inspires Fundraising for The Water Project

Yarleena is 7 years old and lives in Orange County, California with her parents. Inspired by her story, The Water Project asked if she would answer some questions about her successful fundraising campaign. Yarleena raised more than $500 which helped a community in Uganda. (more…)

Diesel’s Piggy Bank

Chris and Amber Larkins, from Tennessee, share their story about how they became involved in The Water Project and the inspiration they found in their 3 year old son, Diesel. 

DieselThis story was told to us by Chris.

———

6 months ago, the Holy Spirit starting putting it on my heart to look into people who were hungry and poor. As I began researching, I found the water crisis was at the root of so many problems: hunger, poverty, education. It all came back to clean water (more…)

Theatre for the World

This post comes to us from Brian Schultz, creator of Theatre for the World.

theatre for the world

There are many people who have inspired me over the years, but if you are looking for someone famous who led me on the path to give back it is the late, great Harry Chapin.  I loved his music, and still do, but even more so, I loved his passion to use his gift to make this world a better place. There is no reason, that in a world of abundance, we should have people starving or dying from hunger or thirst.  Clean water is accessible for the people of Africa, we just need to lend a hand.

(more…)

Fox Valley Church Walk for Water

userID_4917_originalAvatar_Water_Walk_2014Fox Valley Church of Christ in Wisconsin has been fundraising for The Water Project for years and has helped fund 3 water projects! They host a Walk for Water which is always a huge success!

“We fundraise because we believe that all life is precious. No one can have life without water.We fund raise because if we claim to be Christian, then we must embrace the responsibility to help those that we can. Please join us in bringing water…bringing life. ”

Because of their support, Mahiakalo Primary School will soon have a rainwater harvesting tank and new latrines!

Thank you Fox Valley Church of Christ and all our fundraisers for making clean water a reality for so many!