Water Matters

The latest on our work and those supporting it

New Well in India: Meetpar School Well

Wednesday, March 4th, 2009by Peter

Our partner reports on this new well with photos and a map of the location in Google Earth.

Declining Water Supply in Africa puts many at Risk

Wednesday, March 4th, 2009by Peter

This is a great article on the clean water issues facing Africa. Check it out here and get inspired to act! http://jatahealth.wordpress.com/2009/03/01/declining-water-supply-in-africa-puts-many-at-risk/trackback/

New Well in India: Ad Street, Kokkudi

Tuesday, March 3rd, 2009by Peter

Ad Street, Kokkudi This is well #3 donated by Northview Christian Church.  In a few more days we’ll begin to post those brief reports and GPS fixes we promised. (our partner is a bit jet-lagged having just returned home) In the meantime…enjoy more fruits of this great work! [flickr]set:72157614559167973[/flickr]

More Photos from Wells for Life India

Sunday, March 1st, 2009by Peter

These shots were taken just a few days ago in India at the site of our latest completed project. This well was funded by Northview Christian Church. This is the Meetpar High School Well. [flickr]set:72157614628739430[/flickr] More to come soon!

Wells for Life: India Project Update 1

Sunday, March 1st, 2009by Peter

Our implementing partner, Wells for Life, has just returned from dedicating our first wells of 2009 in India! Pictures are still being uploaded as I type.  We will have higher-res pictures from all the wells within a day or so.  Internet in India proved a huge obstacle this trip, so we had to wait a […]

Two school boys in a shop window?

Wednesday, February 25th, 2009by Peter

Two boys spent an afternoon in a store window to help give clean water…what a great idea!

Elweselo Construction Begins

Friday, February 20th, 2009by Peter

We got word late last night that construction is about to begin or has begun on the Elweselo Medical Clinic well. We’ll continue to receive updates and post them here.  Now that the team has both drill rigs repaired and back in service, we expect drilling work to pick up in pace. Now is a […]

Lumpkin Middle School Takes the Challenge

Wednesday, February 18th, 2009by Peter

“The seventh graders of Sabrina Gooch’s second period social studies class said goodbye to soda last month as they decided to save their quarters for a worthier cause.” Read the whole article here

Morse High School Tells the Story

Wednesday, February 18th, 2009by Peter

Here are two pictures of Hands Helping Humanity in November. These two pictures are of some of us just getting tables/booths ready at Morse High School. I wish I had more pictures to give you, but so far this is all I have. We made posters and banners with water facts and posted it up […]

Well Digging Complete at Eburenga

Tuesday, February 17th, 2009by Peter

The drilling is complete at the school. The pump will be attached is just a few days. Then….clean water!